Sunday, May 24, 2009

Backyard Projects

Saturday was a beautiful day for outside projects. David's goal was to paint the trailer as it was in pretty bad shape. I had planned to to grocery shopping and do rhubarb pies. Well, I ended up helping him paint and then doing other projects. It was so nice to be outside working on things together. We also went for a little motorcycle ride and walk in the woods. I did get some shopping done, but not the pies.

We can't plant vegetables into our ground in the backyard because of the cedar trees. They cause the soil to be too acidic. So David put together a little planter that we don't have to bend down to weed. We may need a step ladder to pick the tomotoes though. We hope they are that productive! Another tomato plant in this large pot. We also planted some flowers in pots for the front door and the back patio.




Since we had the black paint out we decided to paint the bench that had weathered. We think it looks a lot better. It needs another coat though.

We were both so tired at the end of the day, but it was very enjoyable and productive. The weather was perfect!

5 comments:

Brian Foster Walton said...

You guys got a lot done, while I was gone! It looks great... I guess I could just tell you that in person huh.

Lisa said...

I like that bench black. Looks great! Fun to see all your pictures!

Sarah Walton said...

I love how the spring weather is so motivating! And I love the feeling at the end of a day knowing some good projects got done. The trailer and the bench both look great. And that little planter box is such a great idea!

Elisha and Scott said...

can't wait to come see all the work. looks great. how fun to have outdoor projects

Lisa said...

cool blog keep posting RYAN