The Inukchuk is the symbol used for the Vancouver Olympics so of course we had to get some pictures of it.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Trip to Whistler
Dad volunteered to drive the Venturers to Garabaldi Provincial Park for their Super Activity. They will be hiking to the top of Black Tusk, in the piture below, over the next 3 days. Mike and Brian went up and back in one day last summer.
After we dropped them off, we went up the trail for a ways...it is beautiful and quite steep.

Then we drove further up to the Olympic sites in the Whistler area. The ski jumps were amazing! They look way higher in real. We couldn't see some others venues in the area because of work being done on them.



The Inukchuk is the symbol used for the Vancouver Olympics so of course we had to get some pictures of it.
The Inukchuk is the symbol used for the Vancouver Olympics so of course we had to get some pictures of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my gosh! That makes me so excited for the olympics. That's going to be so much fun. Mom, I usually try to take pictures that look daring and life-threatening, but are actually quite safe. No sense in dying for an average photo.
Love all the pictures. It's getting me excited for the Olympics too. I want a picture beside that stone whatchamacallit too! You are smart to make the trip to Whistler BEFORE the Olympics though. Chris and I got tickets to the ski jumping at the Salt Lake Olympics and it was amazing. What a fun day and beautiful drive. I love you guys.
Yeah, I hope we're able to make it out in February! It would be so much fun. I love that you guys are doing fun day trips just the two of you.
Great post. It's been way too long since I've been up there. I'm not sure if I've ever been to Whistler Village in the summer. I sure hope we can make it back in February. We're planning on it. We call Mike's old room.
Cool pictures. I was getting a little worried with the video though thinking we were going way too fast for those corners :)
Post a Comment