Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ward Campout

Our ward campout was this last weekend at Deas Island Park. It is only about 20 minutes away but it's nice and it was private. The typical families were there. We fixed a little dinner, visited, played a little bocci, and went for a walk and played some Oh Heck.



Our tent had the best tarp there!! Dad's specialty. It lightly sprinkled while we set up but that was it. Thanks, Mike for the use of your tent.

Our little bedroom here looks comfy, but we only slept about 4 hours. Amazing though, there weren't any bugs. With marshes and river on three sides, you would think there would be mosquitoes, but I saw maybe ... 2.

Because of the dry conditions and forest fires throughout the Province we weren't allowed to have a campfire, so someone brought a propane campfire. It worked very well...bright flame but no sparks. We tried singing some group songs, but it was kind of pathetic.

3 comments:

Amy Silva said...

Still, it looks like fun. It would be great to have another Walton campout. We know how to sing campfire songs!

Lisa said...

I'm really so impressed that you are camping. Looks fun. We need to go!

Sarah Walton said...

I was thinking about you guys while we were camping that night too! I've never been camping with you guys, so I agree with Amy, we need to have a walton campout someday.