As we travelled home, we decided to explore Missoula a little. I thought it would be awesome to find Grandpa Polleys' (Foster B. Polley) grave and take a picture. Too bad I didn't know which cemetery he was at. We found the oldest one and wandered around a while, but no luck. Cool cemetery though. Maybe next time, after I do more research.
I wanted to find the exact address of where my Grandma Polley lived. Myfamily used to go to visit her and our cousins when I was a kid. I texted Susan and she wrote back....324 Daly Ave! We found it and it has changed over the last 55 years, at least the way I remember the front. Fun to see and remember.Pretty much how I remember the street with the big trees lining it.
This classroom is the same as it was for years , except that it is wired for Wifi now. But no AC!
We talked to a guy who told us some interesting things about the campus and then pointed us to the Forestry Building that was there when Dad would have been.
These pictures were painted early enough for Dad to have seen them.
I don't know about that moose, but I'm sure the staircase was original.
This picture was in a case in the building which caught our attention, but I haven't been about to find a connection yet to our Polleys.
It was a great day thinking about Dad and Grandma and Grandpa Polley in that cool town, Missoula!
2 comments:
That is really cool. I didn't know you guys did that!!
Mom, that is so neat!! Fun to be able to take the time to do that!!
Post a Comment