Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jim's Visit

My brother, Jim came up for a visit!! That wasn't his main objective, but I'm sure it was the most important. He came for a dental surgery course from Thursday to Saturday, where he performed the 4 hour surgery on Saturday...sorry no pictures of that. It was so fun to have him here. We had a great time.

Saturday late afternoon, we headed downtown to see what Olympic stuff we could see. The buildings way in the distance are those of the Olympic Village, and those nice security people wouldn't let us get any closer even when David pretended to be a Russian skier.
We then hopped on the free Olumpic Line to go to Granville Island to wander around.
The Swiss House was a happening place with live music and costumes and it was a beautiful evening.
Looks like we are actually in Switzerland! Also looks like David is wearing funny red suspenders. We wandered through the Granville Market and look what Jim found...smoked salmon jerky! It was delicious!

Tasting honeys that came from different flowers.
They had a lot of fun trying on very nice hats. They look good, don't they. Fun night.

3 comments:

Amy Silva said...

This gets me so excited!!! I can't believe the Olympics start tomorrow.

Emily said...

That looks like a fun visit Mary. I love it when any of my brothers come to visit. We have thought about you a lot while we've watched the Olympics!

Lisa said...

Finally checking out your blog now that I'm home. Cute pictures... what a fun visit. I love Granville Island. I would have loved that smoked salmon!