Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another yard update...

I guess this is all the exciting stuff we are doing these days, at least to take pictures of.....no new castles to see, so here is what we did last weekend.  The edging around the back lawn looked like this, so we weeded, cleaned up the edges and got some bark mulch.  It is called 'black bark mulch' instead of the typical reddish brown.  I like the way it looks. (the shovel is holding back the rose bush branches while we work there)
 We also got some cement pads to make a little path back to the blueberry bush.
 And this area looks way better than it has since we moved in.

The lawn is looking pretty good now.
Then after we finished that...which took most of Friday and Saturday, I made 4 rhubarb pies.  So who is going to help me eat them, since Dad isn't eating those kind of things?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow. The yard looks so good!! The bark and cement edges really make a difference.

Silvs said...

Amy can attest to my love for a good lawn, and yours looks so good. That's speaking as an expert (2 years working grounds crew at BYU). I have no idea when we can make it out next, but there better be some of those rhubarb pies left too.

Sarah Walton said...

Maybe you can bring some with you in August? haha. It's like the Little Red Hen . . . you do all the work, and then we all want to help eat them. It's funny, because on Sunday, my Dad said, "You know what the 4th of July always makes me want, but I haven't had one in years? A Rhubarb pie." And then I told him that you make the best rhubarb pies. OH, and getting back to your post . . . . your yard looks fantastic!

Dan said...

Yes, the yard looks better than in ever has. Way to go. Brian will really appreciate it. He'll probably appreciate those pies even more.

elisha said...

The yard looks great. Yes, I would love to come help eat those pies!

Elisa said...

Your yard look wonderful you guys!

Amy Silva said...

Wow! That really does look great. You have been busy. I like that dark mulch too!