Grandpa Walton (L. Kenneth Walton) passed away on Tuesday, November 28, 2014. He was 93 years old and after a couple months of pain and difficulty breathing, he passed away in the Cardston hospital. After much consultation with family, the funeral was planned for the 29th of November, the Saturday after the US Thanksgiving. This date was better for the majority, but not so good for others. Dianne got David and I great flights on Westjet so we didn't have to make the drive which would have been quite the ordeal, because it snowed and snowed the day before the funeral when many were driving to get there. We got there on the Thursday, and had a nice visit with Grandma at Hill Crest. We showed her some old photos, which she enjoyed.
On Friday night, we went over to the funeral home so see Grandpa's body, and to finish dressing him in his temple clothes. Those driving finally arrived.....Jim and LeAnn and family, the Wolsey boys, and Scott, Brian, Dan and Lisa. We were so relieved to have them all arrive safely. Poor JaAnn didn't make it because the roads didn't open in time for them to make it in the morning.
I was grateful they were here for many reasons!
Three sons on the back bench oh Uncle Terry's truck.
Dianne had done a marvellous job preparing and setting up the display of his life.The viewing was a wonderful occasion to see many people that loved Ken Walton! We were concerned about how Grandma would do there, but she did well. It was so nice for the grandkids to see her and show their love.
I think this was the shortest grave dedication ever! It was sooooo cold, that we assembled quickly, Jim gave the dedication, and we got back in the cars and back to the church for a wonderful dinner.
Some watched the BYU football game.
Here, I'm showing Mike and Carly's proposal pictures, and telling all about it. Lots of eager interest!






2 comments:
Such a neat event. It just emphasizes the significance of family. I'm so grateful for ours.
Love seeing all the pictures. I'm so glad Dan was able to go.
Post a Comment