Monday, October 12, 2015

Prince Edward Island

I was excited to see PEI mostly because of the Anne of Green Gables story that I love. Our port was Charlottetown and we started our day renting a van and heading toward the northern coast.


 Beautiful landscape with light rain on and off throughout the day.



PEI is known for its red sands and sand cliffs.





 They really go in for the colorful fishing huts and houses.  Makes for such a cool fishing village.



Then on to the place that inspired the Anne of Green Gables story.  The movie wasn't filmed here, but this was the area the author, Lucy Maud Montgomery, visited relatives as a child and was inspired to write the books.  

 We went inside to see the home set up in the time period of the story.  I really enjoyed the whole thing, and makes me want to watch the movie again.






 The photographers had fun with a photo shoot in the fields .


Another stop at a lighthouse and beach.

 We were ready for a stop at the famous Cows, for an ice cream cone that was superb!!

 Back into Charlottetown to walk around a bit before boarding our ship.



 Cute guys!

Lovely day!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So fun!!

Dan said...

That was a pretty good trip. I'm glad we went.

Unknown said...

What a fun cruise!!!!